From: Harsh J [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:33 PM
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: For a new installation: use the BackupNode or the
CheckPointNode?

Neither CheckpointNode nor BackupNode exists in version 1.x. This was a
documentation oversight that should be cleared in the docs now (or by next
release I think).

And on 2.x, neither has been tested for stability and the SecondaryNameNode
continues to exist and is fully supported (not deprecated).

--
Harsh J