HDFS, mail # dev - Release of Decompressor resources in CodecPool

Re: Release of Decompressor resources in CodecPool
Colin McCabe 2012-12-27, 21:08
I think that you're right.  It looks like BuiltInGzipDecompressor,
which is marked as DoNotPool, ends up owning some JNI-managed
resources.  In this case, just relying on the GC to get around to
calling the finalizer isn't a great idea.  I think you should open a
JIRA.

cheers,
Colin