-[ANNOUNCE] Phoenix v 2.1 released
James Taylor 2013-10-25, 00:24
The Phoenix team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
Phoenix 2.1 .
More than 20 individuals contributed to the release. Here are some of the
* Secondary Indexing  to create and automatically maintain global
indexes over your
- Queries automatically use an index when more efficient, turning your
full table scans
into point and range scans.
- Multiple columns may be indexed in ascending or descending sort order.
- Additional primary table columns may be included in the index to form
- Available in two flavors:
o Server-side index maintenance for mutable data.
o Client-side index maintenance optimized for write-once,
append-only use cases.
* Row Value Constructors , a standard SQL construct to efficiently
locate the row at
or after a composite key value.
- Enables a query-more capability to efficiently step through your data.
- Optimizes IN list of composite key values to be point gets.
* Map-reduce based CSV Bulk Loader  to build Phoenix-compliant HFiles
them into HBase.
* MD5 hash and INVERT built-in functions
Phoenix 2.1 requires HBase 0.94.4 or above, with 0.94.10 or above required
for mutable secondary indexing. For the best performance, we recommend
HBase 0.94.12 or above.