Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-01, 19:53
+
Jagane Sundar 2013-05-03, 06:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-01, 20:16
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-03, 03:40
Re: [VOTE] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5
Then, would you still +1 without the addition?  If yes, you should -1 on this VOTE.
Tsz-Wo

________________________________
 From: Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

+1 with one addition I'd like to make to the plan

  - making downstream testing a passing criteria for the release. I don't mean
    that Hadoop community needs to be responsible for testing of _all_
    downstream components. What I'd like to see is a practice we used in the
    2.0.4-alpha with Bigtop 0.6 where passage of the tests in the latter was
    a, perhaps unofficial, release criteria for the former.

I also agree with 2.0.5 versioning, because essentially, future stability of
the API - of freezing - is the solid base we all are looking for.

Cos

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 12:53PM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> Please vote on the following plan for Hadoop release 2.0.5
> - bug fixes encountered in current release 2.0.4-alpha
> - make all API changes to allow freezing them post 2.0.5
> - no new features
>
> As discussed on @dev thread
> http://s.apache.org/fs
> this will allow to stabilize 2.0 branch in a short and predictable period
> of time.
> This enables a powerful option to have the release tested at Yahoo scale.
> The plan is to follow up with 2.1.0 - the stable release.
> New features can and should be added on top of the stable release once it
> is out.
>
> Hadoop by-laws:
> http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html
>
> "Release Plan
> Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
> Release Manager.
> Lazy majority of active committers"
>
> assume nomination of a Release Manager with the plan.
> It would be really good if Arun continues if this plan is adopted.
> We can return to the RM topic if not.
>
> The vote will run for 7 days until next Wed, May 8th.
>
> Thanks,
> --Konstantin
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-07, 03:28
+
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-05-04, 22:34
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-01, 21:36
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-04, 06:40
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-09, 05:40
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-09, 13:12
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-09, 14:58
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-09, 21:31
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-09, 21:41
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2013-05-09, 21:59
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-09, 22:08
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-10, 06:14
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-10, 20:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-11, 14:03
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-13, 04:26
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-13, 15:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-13, 20:41
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-14, 05:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-11, 00:48
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-09, 21:41
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-09, 23:38
+
Tsz Wo Sze 2013-05-04, 22:33
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-05, 01:38
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-06, 17:43
+
Robert Evans 2013-05-03, 15:23
+
Eli Collins 2013-05-10, 00:18
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-10, 00:25
+
J. Rottinghuis 2013-05-10, 02:40
+
lohit 2013-05-10, 02:58
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-10, 04:13
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-10, 06:39
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-11, 01:05
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2013-05-10, 05:03
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-10, 18:55