 From: Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

+1 with one addition I'd like to make to the plan

  - making downstream testing a passing criteria for the release. I don't mean
    that Hadoop community needs to be responsible for testing of _all_
    downstream components. What I'd like to see is a practice we used in the
    2.0.4-alpha with Bigtop 0.6 where passage of the tests in the latter was
    a, perhaps unofficial, release criteria for the former.

I also agree with 2.0.5 versioning, because essentially, future stability of
the API - of freezing - is the solid base we all are looking for.

Cos