Hi,

I haven't followed the changes to offset tracking closely, other than that
storing them in ZK is not the only option any more.
I think what Stevo is asking about/suggesting is that there there be a
single API from which offset information can be retrieved (e.g. by
monitoring tools), so that monitoring tools work regardless of where one
chose to store offsets.
I know we'd love to have this for SPM's Kafka monitoring and can tell you
that adding support for N different APIs for N different offset storage
systems would be hard/time-consuming/expensive.
But maybe this single API already exists?

Thanks,
Otis