Ok, I figured out the problem.  The problem was with the patch format so I
will take care of that ... the patch is minor enough I will take the code
changes and whip up a new patch and let Maxime know (assuming that patch is
good) about how to make a Kafka patch moving forward).

I noticed the incubation URL was wrong on the README so I walked through
the contributor steps and everything worked just perfectly

the only thing I did notice is that the commit message I put in "as a
contributor" was part of the patch and everything so I think we should call
out some guidelines for making commit messages, like always put the
KAFKA-XYZ in the message so when we review and push everything goes in how
we expected if we made the change and committed ourselves.

I just could not let it go, now I am going to-do what I need to for work
before my daughter wakes up =8^)

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Joe Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joe Stein
Twitter: @allthingshadoop <http://www.twitter.com/allthingshadoop>

NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB