On Jan 7, 2013, at 2:05pm, Russell Jurney wrote:
Thanks, I missed that - all I saw was the long URL to the Talend integration doc on Hortonworks.
Some Cascading integration notes, just for posterity:

Having a Kafka Tap/Scheme would make integration easy. I see there are KafkaInputFormat and KafkaOutputFormat classes in the contrib, which is great - though these would have to back-port these to the older Hadoop APIs in order to work with Cascading. Also Cascading sends all data around as the key (value is always NullWritable) whereas the Kafka input/output formats do the opposite.

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://www.scaleunlimited.com
custom big data solutions & training