Hi all,

We have kafka-0.8.0-beta1 version installed in our production.

Here is what the comment for num.partitions in config file says:

# The number of logical partitions *per topic per server.* More partitions
allow greater parallelism
# for consumption, but also mean more files.

We found out that this comment is actually wrong, it only created 2
partitions in spite of having a 10 node cluster.

The version we used, does not have the super cool AddPartitionTool. How do
we increase number of partitions for topics in our existing cluster?

Regards,
Vaibhav
GumGum