How hard would it be to fix this issue, where we have a topic filter that
matches multiple topics, for the load to be distributed over multiple
threads, and over multiple consumers?  For some reason, I had thought this
issue was fixed in 0.8, but I guess not?

I am currently using a single partition, for multiple topics.  I worry that
it won't scale ultimately to only ever have one thread on one consumer
doing all the work......We could move to multiple partitions, but for
ordering reasons in some use cases, this is not always ideal.

Perhaps I can come up with some sort of dynamic topic sniffer, and have it
evenly divide the available topics between the available consumers (and
threads per consumer)!  Is there a simple api within the kafka client code,
for getting the list of topics?

Jason