Normally a DISCUSS thread precedes VOTE thread so that people have ample time examining the proposal.
-------- Original message --------From: Boyang Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: 12/26/17  1:22 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Vote for KIP-245: Use Properties instead of StreamsConfig in KafkaStreams constructor
Hi there,

I'm Boyang who is a newbie contributor to Kafka. I would like to start a vote for the KIP-245:
This is linked with JIRA:

[KAFKA-6386] Deprecate KafkaStreams constructor taking ...<>
Currently, KafkaStreams constructor has overloads that take either Properties or StreamsConfig a parameters. Because StreamsConfig is immutable and is created from a ...

And my pull request is here:
Since this is my first time doing this, feel free to let me know if this is the correct format!