Search Hadoop and all its sub project:
Sort:

Switch to Threaded View
Subject: Re: Questions regarding broker
Joel,
   So i was able to reproduce the issue that I experienced. Please see the
steps below.
1. Set up a 3-zookeeper and 6-broker cluster. Setup one topic with 2
partitions, with replication factor set to 3.
2. Setup and run the console consumer, consuming messages from that topic.
3. Produce a few messages to confirm the consumer is working.
4. Stop the consumer.
5. Shutdown (uncontrolled) the lead broker in one of the partition.
6. Shutdown one of the zookeeper.
7. Run the list topic script to confirm a new leader has been elected
8. Bring up the console consumer again.
9. Console consumer won't start because of error in rebalancing (when
fetching topic metadata).
     Error: Java.util.NoSuchElementException: Key Not Found (5).
     Trace: Client.Util.Scala:67

Where broker 5 was the lead broker I shut down. I am using 0.8 beta.

thanks,
Cal