Is there a way to get the timestamp for a Kafka message entry on the server by the consumer? What I would like to do is to is check if an offset is of a particular age before pulling offset + bytes to my consumer. Otherwise I would like the messages to be continued to be queued in Kafka until the consumer is ready. I am using simple consumer and manually updating Zookeper.

Thanks