Thibaud, I wouldn't say this is a 'robust' solution, but the Wikimedia Foundation uses a piece of software we wrote called udp2log.  We are in the process of replacing it with more robust direct Kafka producers, but it has worked for us in the intermediary. udp2log is a c++ daemon that listens for (newline delimited) messages over UDP, and then multiplexes them out to pipes or files.  You could use this to pipe your UDP traffic into the default console-producer that ships with Kafka.  Not 'robust' for sure, but it would work I think.

  Source:         https://github.com/wikimedia/analytics-udplog
  Deb package:    http://apt.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pool/main/u/udplog/
  Example config: https://gist.github.com/ottomata/8711809

Also, as a proof of concept, one of my coworkers wrote this:

  https://github.com/atdt/UdpKafka

Similar to udp2log, but meant for exactly what you are asking for: relaying UDP packets into Kafka.

-Ao