I Gerrit, do you have a ticket already for this issue?  Is it possible to
attach code that reproduces it?  Would be great if you can run it against a
Kafka VM you can grab one from this project for 0.8.0
https://github.com/stealthly/scala-kafka to launch a Kafka VM and add
whatever you need to it to reproduce the issue or from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1173 for 0.8.1.  I think if you
can reproduce it in an environment comfortably that is in a controlled
isolation that would be helpful for folks to reproduce and work towards
resolution.... At least if it is a bug we can get a detailed capture of
what the bug is in the JIRA ticket and start discussing how to fix it.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Gerrit Jansen van Vuuren <