Hi,

we are doing some fail over test on Kafka0.7.2. We kill one of the brokers
on purpose. But we find that the async-producer loss more messages. We do
catch exceptions for send api. But it seems that the async-producer doesn't
throw any exceptions when broker is done.

We change the producer to sync-producer, and got the exceptions as soon as
the broker is down.

So I am wondering if I can get the socket status connected to the broker.
Does some callbacks can do this?

Thanks.
Guodong Wang
王国栋