Thank you Marc (and others) for jumping in and sharing your perspectives!

A feature that Kafka doesn't currently support while RabbitMQ does (since
about a year ago, I don't remember exactly) is SSL support. I realize that
one can set up a tunnel between data centers, etc.; that would require
more (configuration) work than SSL though. I am surprised that this
difference hasn't come up :o
Thanks,

-Dragos