Ok,

So we'll leave it as this (I won't file a bug).  It is of course less than
ideal to require everything to be brought down when deleting topics!  Since
we consider the cluster to be a high-availability resource.  I assume in
0.8, it won't be necessary to bring everything down to delete a topic?

Jason