Joel--

Yeah we could theoretically retain a neutered Partitioner interface that
only had access to the byte[] key not the original object (which we no
longer have). Ideologically most partitioning should really happen based on
the byte[] not the original object to retain multi-language compatibility,
but sometimes the object is useful.

I kind of think this is one of those things where doing either A or B is
better than doing A and B both just for clarity.

-Jay