This is a known bug in Kafka 0.7.x (see the discussion in
http://apache.markmail.org/thread/c7tdalfketpusqkg<https://email.corp.linkedin.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=1xDonf6R-kypHyEIBc8--nyHJD81WtAIhCXjIAupqyQiHo7rzRvWm0MQCXLVNb8AR7q88lcHzbI.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fapache.markmail.org%2fthread%2fc7tdalfketpusqkg>
).
Basically, for a new topic, we bootstrap using all existing brokers.
However, if a topic already exists on some brokers, we never bootstrap
again, which means new brokers will be ignored. For now, you have to
manually create the topic on the new brokers (e.g., by sending some data to
the new broker directly).

Thanks,

Jun
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Xiaoliang Tian