We sort of have the same situation where our analytics DC is one of the
main producer DC too. If you use Kafka only for analytics it is fine to
produce directly to the analytics cluster from that DC and mirror the rest.

However we also want to be able to run things locally that will consume
local data from the local clusters for near real-time applications. This
can't be done in the central DC in this situation since all data will be
aggregated. The N+1 solution is more flexible if you need that.