+0 overall. The quality of the build seems good, but I have a few minor
nits/questions.

1) java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in
./bin/kafka-simple-consumer-perf-test.sh

$ ./bin/kafka-simple-consumer-perf-test.sh
kafka/perf/SimpleConsumerPerformance
kafka.perf.SimpleConsumerPerformance

looks like the perf classes are not included. Maybe this script should
be removed? Or we should include the perf sub-project.

2) No README or INSTALL in the binary dist

3) Missing LICENSE and NOTICE at the top level, aren't these required
for an Apache release?

4) Artifact name - not sure on Apache's policy, but should it be
"apache-kafka"?

Regarding the actual build, I started up with the bin script, produced a
few messages, consumed a few, and then ran the integration tests from
kafka-python against it. Everything seems good here.

-David