Hi Jun,

Thanks for the comments.

On 12 September 2017 at 18:15, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is presently covered by the INVALID_REQUEST error code, but sure I can
change it.

2. The KIP has the following.

Increasing the partition count at the same time as a reassignment was
covered in the [DISCUSS] thread. The problem is that during a reassignment
there isn't a stable notion of replication factor. The brokers don't really
know about replication factor at all, AFAICS. Currently when the partitions
are increased we just use the replication factor inferred from partition 0.
Ismael suggested to add this restriction to prevent this edge case.

I don't see an error code specifically pertaining to topic actions on
topics being deleted, so I guess INVALID_TOPIC_EXCEPTION would suffice for
the deletion case.

Thanks again,

Tom