We recently started seeing duplicate messages appearing at our consumers. Thankfully, the database is set up so that we don't store the dupes, but it is annoying. It's not every message, only about 1% of them. We are running 0.7.0 for the broker with Zookeeper 3.3.4 from Cloudera and 0.7.0 for the producer and consumer. We tried upgrading the consumer to 0.7.2 to see if that worked, but we're still seeing the dupes. Do we have to upgrade the broker as well to resolve this? Is there something we can check to see what's going on because we're not seeing anything unusual in the logs. I suspected that there may be significant rebalancing, but that does not appear to be the case at all.
No, we couldn't check the broker logs because the data is obfuscated, so we can't just look at the files and tell. It looks like our dev system may be experiencing the same issue, so I did turn of the obfuscation and we'll monitor it. However, on our production system where we were seeing the errors more often, appears to have had zookeeper misconfigured, so we're thinking that may be the issue.
Jun On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Sybrandy, Casey < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
Apache Lucene, Apache Solr and all other Apache Software Foundation project and their respective logos are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats are trademarks of Elasticsearch BV, registered in the U.S. and in other countries. This site and Sematext Group is in no way affiliated with Elasticsearch BV.
Service operated by Sematext