Yes I believe the TopicErrorCode is also an int16. I will update the
documentation accordingly.

In general, if the protocol specification is not explicit it should be
made explicit. This will help other client driver authors in the future.
If you find any other errors or omissions in the documentation please
let us know. Also, in general error codes are int16.

Colin B.