I got the same error but I think I had a different issue than you: My code
was written for kafka 0.7 and when I switched to 0.8 I changed the
"zk.connect" property to "metadata.broker.list" but left it with the same
value (which was of course the zookeeper's host and port). In other words
a "pilot error" :-) The snippet you provided doesn't seem to have this
problem, but it is interesting that we got the same error (which would be
nice if it can be customized depending on the actual problem: host
unreachable, not responding, etc)


On 6/24/13 10:55 PM, "Markus Roder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB