Search Hadoop and all its sub project:
Sort:

Switch to Threaded View
Subject: Re: memory requirement for kafka - how to estimate
Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone can give you exact numbers, but I think you'll find
Kafka brokers very light.  We run them on .... I think medium EC2 instances
and Kafka brokers they put hardly any strain on them.  If it helps give you
an idea, go to https://apps.sematext.com/demo and look for "SA.Prod.Kafka".
 That's one of our Kafka "clusters".  You'll see how many messages this
processes, what their size is, a bunch of other metrics, and then the JVM
Memory info, which I hope gives you some idea of the footprint.

Otis