Yeah I can take a look at those.

The plan for branching is to do all development off trunk and cut
branches for releases. 0.8 was sort of a one-off in this respect.
Going forward the idea is that all new code will go against trunk.

Topic delete would also be a great one.

I would recommend we hold off on splitting the jars. I think post
0.8.1 (0.9?) would be a better target. The reason is that we have a
bunch of major surgery to do there--move to nio, fix approach to
request definition, redo producer and consumer api, etc--and I think
it will be a lot easier to do all the surgery at once.

-Jay