Hi Aniket,  I need to create a JIRA and upload a patch for review to fix that.

New improvements were made for important use cases that replaced the default which I will move to another partitioner so folks can use it and revert the original restoring expected default out of the box behavior.  I should be able todo that today.  Here is the detail thread on it
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-dev/201309.mbox/%3cCAFbh0Q0of6pe3UL3PExf9u--Wg0yLTM+v3MR+[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3e

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC