Oh boy, is my mind slow today.  The tamasic cells woke up but the rajasic ones stayed asleep, which is rather ironic, if you know what I mean.   My only hope is the sattvasic few.

The issue of threading is secondary to the blocking api.  How can I know the traffic is drained from a topic/partition, cleanup, and return the response to the REST call?

thanks,
rob