Lorenz,

The Maven central repo got bonked (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-974 ) and it looks like it is
affecting you too

Try this

"org.apache.kafka" % "kafka_2.8.2" % "0.8.0-beta1" intransitive() from "
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases"

I just tried it and it works for me and others have used the main apache
repo to work around this same problem

this will get fixed in Maven central for beta2 or if we go straight to GA

thanks, let me know
 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC