I added this scenario to KAFKA-955.

I'm thinking that this scenario could be a problem for ack=0 in general
(even without controlled shutdown).  If we do an "uncontrolled" shutdown,
it seems that some topics won't ever know there could have been a leader
change.  Would it make sense to force a meta-data refresh for all topics on
a broker, any time an IOException happens on a socket (e.g. "connection
reset")?  Currently, it looks like only the topic that experiences the
failure will have a metadata refresh issued for it.

Maybe this should be a separate jira issue, now that I think about it.

Jason