Hive >> mail # user >> exception when build Hive from source then start Hive CLI

+
Zhang Xiaoyu 2013-11-06, 02:14
Re: exception when build Hive from source then start Hive CLI
so looks like jline jar is maven dependency which is pulled to ~/.m2
folder. The question here is what is the right way to build a Hive tarball
by maven command? looks like mvn clean install -DskipTests is not......

Thanks,
Johnny
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Zhang Xiaoyu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi, all,
> I am trying to build hive from source and start CLI. What I did is
> (1) git clone the source
>
> (2) mvn clean install -DskipTests
>
> (3) cp */target/*.jar lib/
> ---- this step basically copy all jar files to lib
>
> (4) start cli by ./bin/hive
>
> I got exception
> ./bin/hive: line 80: [:
> /Users/admin/Documents/hive/lib/hive-exec-0.13.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar: binary
> operator expected
> ./bin/hive: line 85: [:
> /Users/admin/Documents/hive/lib/hive-metastore-0.13.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar:
> binary operator expected
> jline/ArgumentCompletor$ArgumentDelimiter
>  at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:270)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:205)
> jline.ArgumentCompletor$ArgumentDelimiter
>  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
> ... 3 more
>

> Anyone has idea what did I miss? BTW, I am using JDK7, but it doesn't
> looks like the root cause.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny

+