Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop for exporting data into flat files

+
Santosh Achhra 2013-01-14, 04:47
Re: Sqoop for exporting data into flat files
Hi Santosh,
Sqoop currently do not support exports to flat files.

As a workaround I would recommend "hadoop dfs -get" with scp or wget to Hadop webui/webhdfs.

Jarcec

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:47:32PM +0800, Santosh Achhra wrote:
> Hello Sqoop users,
>
> I understand that Sqoop can export data to tables, however I have a
> scenario where I want to export data into flat files to AIX box. Is this
> possible, If not, is there a workaround ?  or is this which Sqoop can
> support in future release ?
>
> Good wishes,always !
> Santosh
+