Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

+
Matt Foley 2011-12-08, 19:57
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 22:47
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-09, 23:26
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 23:57
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-10, 00:30
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 00:39
+
Chris K Wensel 2011-12-13, 21:02
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 02:21
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2011-12-10, 02:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 03:52
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-10, 19:23
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-10, 20:24
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-13, 04:20
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
Matt Foley 2011-12-13, 06:59
Yes, I agree that we, the whole Hadoop development community, need to help
each other get the various components working together, and keep them
mutually compatible as each continues to grow and evolve.  I think BigTop
is providing a valuable service in this area, by providing an official
Apache place for the components to be tested together.
--Matt

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Linux community has dealt
> >
> > You mean you want us to not call it 1.0.0?  As I remember the vote was
> > overwhelmingly
> > in favor of calling it 1.0.0.
>
> That's not what I was trying to drive at. Changing versions is fine
> as long as there's a clear messaging around it to downstream.
>
> For example, making sure that HIVE-2631 is scheduled for
> inclusion into an upcoming Hive 0.8.0 release would greatly
> those types of concerns for Hive.
>
> Also having a clear message on a website/etc would help.
>
> On the other hand -- NOT changing versions for quite
> a bit of time (to let downstream catch up) is also an
> option. That's what experience with Linux versioning
> has taught me.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+