Pig, mail # dev - Upgrading antlr to 3.5

+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-08-23, 17:50
+
Daniel Dai 2013-08-23, 19:02
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-08-23, 19:43
+
Daniel Dai 2013-08-23, 23:17
Re: Upgrading antlr to 3.5
Ashutosh Chauhan 2013-08-23, 23:45
Hive had lot of trouble while upgrading antlr last time. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2439 &
Not to say you will encounter these difficulties in next upgrade too but
given the fact that antlr is not very particular about backward & forward
compatibility and Hive uses antlr in pretty grueling way, I will be pretty
cautious with upgrade.

My two cents.
Ashutosh