Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hadoop and WikiLeaks

Re: Hadoop and WikiLeaks
On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 4:13 PM, highpointe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [Only] through the free distribution of information, the guaranteed
> integrity of said information and an aggressive system of checks and
> balances can man truly be free and hold the winning card.
>
> So...  YES. Hadoop should be considered an innovation that promotes the
> free flow of information and a statistical whistle blower.
>
> Take off your damn aluminum hat. If it doesn't work for you, it will work
> against you.

> great

I do not know how to interpret your lame "aluminum hat" insult.

As far as I am concerned WikiLeaks helped reveal classified US information
across the the internet. We can go back and forth about governments having
too much secret/classified information and what the public should know,
...BUT... I believe that stealing and broadcasting secret documents is not
"innovation" and it surely put many lives at risk.

I also believe that Wikileaks is tainted with Julian Assange's actions.

*Dec 1 : The International Criminal Police Organisation or INTERPOL on
Wednesday said it has issued look out notice for arrest of WikiLeaks' owner
Julian Assange on suspicion of rape charges on the basis of the Swedish
Government's arrest warrant.*

http://www.newkerala.com/news/world/fullnews-95693.html

Those outside the US see wikileaks a different way they I do, but for the
reasons I outlined above I would not want to be associated with them at all.
Moreover, I believe there already is an aggressive system of checks and
balances in the US (it could be better of course) and we do not need
innovation like wikileaks offers to stay free, like open source the US is
always changing and innovating.

Wikileaks represents irresponsible use of technology that should be avoided.