Hive >> mail # user >> Can hive show external table filenames?

Can hive show external table filenames?
"show tables" shows the HDFS directories which correspond to Hive tables and various select queries show data from inside the files (each row of a file being a row of the overarching table that the entire directory represents)...or so I have convinced myself...but can Hive show the HDFS filenames?  Or is "hadoop fs -ls" the only way to do that?

Thanks.

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches
me to suspect that my own is also."
                                           --  Mark Twain
Edward Capriolo 2013-01-31, 20:12
+