HBase >> mail # user >> hbase read performance tuning failed

Re: hbase read performance tuning failed

In addition to what Lars just said about the blocksize, this is a similar
question to another one that somebody asked, and it's always good to make
sure that you understand where your data is. As a sanity check, make sure
it's not all on one or two RSs (look at the hbase web pages or with tools
like Hannibal).
Also, you definitely want to to turn HBase checksumming on - and when you
do so you'll need to re-create the HFiles (e.g., you can't just change the
config and bounce the HBase cluster).  That's a significant reduction in
I/O.

Likewise, if you are doing a full-scan, make sure that you select only the
attributes you need...

See this for more:  http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.reading