HBase >> mail # dev >> Getting unit tests to pass

Re: Getting unit tests to pass
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Lars Francke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Slightly related, sorry for hijacking: I can't get HBase trunk to
> build. In particular TestHCM.testClusterStatus always fails for me. I
> tried on my own Jenkins as well as my IDE (IntelliJ) with the same
> result (two different machines, CentOS & Mac OS).
>
> mvn -U -PrunAllTests -Dmaven.test.redirectTestOutputToFile=true
> -Dit.test=noItTest clean install
> <http://pastebin.com/upFjq09A>
>
> From my MacBook's command line I got the test to pass using the same
> command but not in Jenkins or from IntelliJ.
>
> I'm happy to post in a new thread if this is distracting and no one
> else has seen this before.
>
> Any ideas?

Open an issue and paste output I'd say LarsF.  I notice that Francis has
trouble getting this to pass too recently over in this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8015.  It seems to pass on our
Jenkins: http://54.241.6.143/job/HBase-TRUNK/ and here
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK/  IIRC, I've
seen it fail though in my experience; I just lost its failure detail in the
rain of general test failures (now a drizzle).

Thanks Lars,
St.Ack