Hadoop >> mail # user >> Using S3 instead of HDFS

Using S3 instead of HDFS
Hi,

whatever I do, I can't make it work, that is, I cannot use

s3://host

or s3n://host

as a replacement for HDFS while runnings EC2 cluster. I change the settings
in the core-file.xml, in hdfs-site.xml, and start hadoop services, and it
fails with error messages.

Is there a place where this is clearly described?

Thank you so much.

Mark