Accumulo, mail # user - 0% Data Cache Hit Rate

RE: 0% Data Cache Hit Rate
Slater, David M. 2013-03-12, 15:46
Thanks Keith,

I checked, and the values were all default. (cache block disabled)

Turning them on, however, turned the data cache hit rate down to single digits for all of the data nodes. I'm guessing that the queries I am running, since they need to go through so much data, cannot be cached well, and that the high percentages I was getting before were due to the use metatable data cache (since that is enabled by default).

Since data caching is disabled by default, I assume that there are downsides to using it. Is this primarily memory footprint?

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 0% Data Cache Hit Rate

You may need to set the following property to true for the table.
This enables caching data for a table.  It defaults to false.

table.cache.block.enable

Also take a look at the following props.  These determine how much memory a tserver uses for caching.

tserver.cache.data.size
tserver.cache.index.size

The following props enables caching rfile indexes for a table, it defaults to true.

table.cache.index.enable

Keith