Accumulo >> mail # user >> Password File Config Property in 1.5 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

+
Williamson, Luke MR 1 2013-07-22, 03:14
Re: Password File Config Property in 1.5 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
That feature (ACCUMULO-489) had some fundamental flaws (ACCUMULO-826).
One of the arguments made when rolling that back, was that the feature
was not introduced in a minor release (it didn't appear in 1.4.0), so
it wasn't part of the "1.4" contract. I apologize for the
inconvenience this has caused. It was expected to be replaced
(ACCUMULO-829) in version 1.5.0, but some last minute enhancements
(ACCUMULO-259) took priority and we weren't able to get it in. It will
definitely be re-introduced in 1.6.0, as the work has already been
done under ACCUMULO-829. It may be possible to re-introduce it in
1.5.1, but I cannot make any personal guarantees about that. As
always, patches are very welcome. :)

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii