Flume >> mail # user >> Flume to stream logs live

Flume to stream logs live
Flummers,

Loved working with Flume 1.2 - very easy and simple configuration, it was a pleasure to work with. Managed to "tail -F" logs from unix server and into a hdfs cluster. The problem started when I also needed to push logs from a Windows application server.  Spent three days researching on how to install flume on Windows and run  a deamon/agent that will push the logs to the Avro source I successfully configured and ran on Unix. No luck. So I am looking t alternative. Is there other framework available out there to help me with my issue. What about scribe?

Andy Kartashov
MPAC
IT Architecture, Co-op
1340 Pickering Parkway, Pickering, L1V 0C4
* Phone : (905) 837 6269
* Mobile: (416) 722 1787

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, subject to copyright and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, copying or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and contact the sender immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-14, 14:51
+
Brock Noland 2012-12-14, 14:52
+
Paul Chavez 2012-12-14, 16:24
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-12-16, 12:25
+
Juhani Connolly 2012-12-17, 01:33
+
Alexander Lorenz 2012-12-17, 07:57
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-12-19, 16:20
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-20, 07:02
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-12-17, 15:50
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-12-20, 17:44