MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-25, 03:48
+
Sangjin Lee 2013-05-25, 17:01
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-30, 15:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-30, 17:57
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 18:52
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-30, 22:11
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 03:11PM, Matt Foley wrote:
> Hi Cos,
> I would also request that you renumber the release candidate to just
> three-numbers, hence "2.0.5-alpha".
>
> Arun, are you willing to start the 2.1.x name-space for your next release,
> so that 2.0.x-alpha can become an intermediate stabilization branch as Cos
> and Konst want?

Let's get the facts straight, Matt, please: this "want" has been expressed in
the official vote here http://s.apache.org/ZMf Apparently, 2.0.5-alpha is
blocked now because of the another vote that hasn't been closed yet for
whatever reason. In order to unblock a number of releases in downstream
component I have moved forward with this release. Do you have any material
objections to the release that pursue this goal?

> I just think that using four-number schemes was symptomatic of the
> near-forking we had back in the 0.20.xxx.y days, and I really don't want to
> three significant numbers, the leading zero being inconsequential.

I dare to remind that forth part of the version is reserved - not in a
parallel universe, of course - for "patch level" aka bug fixes. It hardly can
be taken a sign of 'forking' by any definition.

Cos

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-30, 23:08
+