Hive >> mail # dev >> Is HCatalog stand-alone going to die ?

+
Rodrigo Trujillo 2013-04-30, 05:25
Re: Is HCatalog stand-alone going to die ?

On Apr 29, 2013, at 10:25 PM, Rodrigo Trujillo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have followed the discussion about the merging of HCatalog into Hive.
> However, it is not clear to me whether new stand-alone versions of Hcatalog
> are going to be released.
>
> Is 0.5.0-incubating the last ?

0.5.0 is the last planned stand alone release of HCatalog.  The next version of HCatalog will be included in Hive 0.11.

> Will be possible to build only hcatalog from Hive tree ?
No, building HCatalog already depends on building Hive.

Alan.