Avro >> mail # user >> How is a union of multiple primitives handled?

Re: How is a union of multiple primitives handled?
Java has its own issues in this regard, which is that when deserializing a
JSON String, if there is a union in the Schema then you have to give it
{"<type>": <data>} which seems wrong to me (see the other email thread I
started). I asked this question to understand how it should work in python,
but also to get a sense of what the fix should be. I have made a patch that
works according to my understanding, but I still am unsure if that
understanding is correct, as well as if the Java treatment of unions in
this case is correct (to me it seems needlessly cumbersome).

Thanks for your help