HDFS, mail # user - Child error

+
Amit Sela 2013-03-12, 11:34
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-12, 11:40
Re: Child error
Amit Sela 2013-03-12, 12:08
Hi Jean-Marc,
I am running Hadoop 1.0.3, and I did see this issue you've mentioned but
the exit status in the issue is 126 and sometimes I get 255.
Any ideas what do theses status codes mean ?
Did you suffer this issue and upgraded to 1.0.4 ? If so, How "smooth" is
such upgrade (shouldn't differ from 1.0.3 that much no ?)

Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Amit,
>
> Which Hadoop version are you using?
>
> I have been told it's because of
>
> JM
>
> 2013/3/12 Amit Sela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a weird failure occurring every now and then during a MapReduce
> job.
> >
> > This is the error:
> >
> > java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
> > at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:271)
> > Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of
> > 255.
> > at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:258)
> >
> > And sometimes it's the same but with status of 126.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
> >
> > Thanks.

+
Leo Leung 2013-03-12, 16:57