Accumulo >> mail # user >> Waiting for accumulo to be initialized

+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 14:10
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 14:27
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 14:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 14:44
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 14:47
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 14:52
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 15:20
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 15:23
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 15:31
+
Josh Elser 2013-03-27, 15:50
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 19:18
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 19:33
Re: Waiting for accumulo to be initialized
when you say " you can move the files aside in HDFS" .. which files are you
referring to? I have never set up zookeeper myself so I am not aware of all
the changes needed.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you lose zookeeper, you can move the files aside in HDFS, recreate your
> instance in zookeeper and bulk import all of the old files.  It's not
> perfect: you lose table configurations, split points and user permissions,
> but you do preserve most of the data.
>
> You can back up each of these bits of information periodically if you
> like.  Outside of the files in HDFS, the configuration information is
> pretty small.
>
> -Eric
>

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Eric and Josh thanks for all your feedback. We ended up *loosing all our
>> accumulo data* because I had to reformat hadoop. Here is in a nutshell
>> what I did:
>>

>>    1. Stop accumulo
>>    2. Stop hadoop
>>    3. On hadoop master and all datanodes, from dfs.data.dir
>>    (hdfs-site.xml) remove everything under the data folder
>>    4. On hadoop master, from dfs.name.dir (hdfs-site.xml) remove
>>    everything under the name folder
>>    5. As hadoop user, execute.../hadoop/bin/hadoop namenode -format
>>    6. As hadoop user, execute.../hadoop/bin/start-all.sh ==> should
>>    populate data/ and name/ dirs that was erased in steps 3, 4.
>>    7. Initialized Accumulo - as accumulo user,  ../accumulo/bin/accumulo
>>    init (I created a new instance)
>>    8. Start accumulo
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or thoughts on how I could have
>> solved the original issue of accumulo waiting initialization without
>> loosing my accumulo data? Is it possible to do so?

+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 20:19
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 20:45