HBase >> mail # user >> transactional hbase

Re: transactional hbase
Hi,

HBase supports row-level atomic operations. If you need to update more than a row in a single transaction you'll have to use a coordination mechanism. You can use Zookeeper for that.

However you can also evaluate whether you can't use a single table for your operation by taking advantage of the columnar model. Basically you can encode an entire star schema in a single table in HBase. Each family can act as a table. So when you have  1-M relations you can just write all the values (M) in a single row (1). This way you could use a single put operation to update your "child" entities.

Cosmin